Illustrator (m/f/d) – Video
As a science brand, we are best known for our distinctive animated videos and our elaborate products around the kurzgesagt theme worlds. Through our globally successful YouTube channel with over 18 million subscribers, we aim to inspire people around the world about science and make knowledge accessible and exciting. We believe that well-researched facts are just as important as humor and good storytelling. Nothing in the universe is boring if you tell a good story.
Our international team currently consists of about 62 brilliant colleagues. If you want to shape our further growth together then apply as:
Location: Munich, Berlin or remote
What will expect you? (#dowhatyoulove)
- You translate with ease and wit even the most complicated scientific scripts from Kurzgesagt into an in-depth visual language
- Independent illustration of YouTube and client projects
- Implementing and understanding the “Kurzgesagt” style
- Independent illustration of subtasks of larger Kurzgesagt projects
- Implementation of the kurzgesagt processes
- Close cooperation with motion designers and project managers
- Degree in communication design (or similar course of study) or comparable qualifications or lateral applicant with a comprehensible track record, even without a degree
- Several years of work experience ideally gained in an agency
- Very good skills in Adobe Illustrator and vector illustration
- High demands on the quality of your work
- Passion for science topics
- Flexibility, empathy and creativity
- Conceptual and abstract way of thinking
- An eye for details and a feel for the principles of illustration
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, good German skills are a nice to have
- be part of an exciting growth phase at one of Germany’s largest YouTube channel
- Versatile, exciting tasks and projects and the chance to contribute your own ideas
- Environment with a good error culture, flat hierarchies and fast decision-making processes
- A creative and enthusiastic team that supports you in your personal and professional development
- An informal and friendly working atmosphere including company parties and other team activities – at kurzgesagt it’s the people who count!
- 30 days of vacation and a focus on a good work-life balance through overtime compensation
- Subsidy for gym membership and public transportation (within Germany)
- You can either work in one of our cool offices in the heart of Munich or Berlin or work remotely (with willingness to travel)
- And last but not least, you will get a personalized bird 😉
What we expect from you (#personalitymatters)
Why kurzgesagt (#bepartofit)
We believe that people should emphasise their similarities and not their differences. That we should grow together and only our own skills, values and intrinsic motivation should count. At Kurzgesagt, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. No one is discriminated against or favoured. Your skills and willingness to learn are the only things that count.
Please find the relevant information on data protection in the application process at https://kurzgesagt.org/privacy/.
Please send your complete application (CV, portfolio, salary expectations and earliest possible start date) by e-mail with the subject "Illustrator (m/f/d) - Video" to Miri Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Breitegger (Head of People & Organisation) at 089/9545730 - 12.