Social Media Manager (m/f/d)
As a science brand, we are best known for our distinctive animated videos and our elaborate products around the kurzgesagt theme worlds. Through our globally successful YouTube channel with over 18 million subscribers, we aim to inspire people around the world about science and make knowledge accessible and exciting. We believe that well-researched facts are just as important as humor and good storytelling. Nothing in the universe is boring if you tell a good story.
Our international team currently consists of about 50 brilliant colleagues. If you want to shape our further growth together then apply as:
What will expect you? (#dowhatyoulove)
- You ideate, conceptualize, brief, schedule and optimize Social Media content from scratch to ensure an engaging and inspiring always-on Social Media editorial calendar on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok
- You come up with ways to reformat, and optimize existing assets (images, gifs, videos) using relevant audio/video hardware, native social platform tools and relevant multimedia editing software and brief the execution to the creative department
- You monitor the performance of all Social Media content and activities and deliver regular reportings and analysis
- You’re proactively engaging with the community on our social media platforms, transporting the kurzgesagt brand with every message
- You set up, control, monitor and optimize paid media campaigns
- You’re on top of the latest social media trends, and derive recommendations for action
What we expect from you (#personalitymatters)
- Completed studies in the fields of media and communication sciences, marketing, economics or comparable qualifications or lateral applicant with a comprehensible track record, even without a degree
- 2-3 years full time working experience in the area of social media (ideally gained in an agency)
- Deep knowledge of Social Media, digital products, and Social Media platform algorithms
- Affinity and very strong understanding of social media and pop culture (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube)
- Creativity and affinity for new media, technologies and marketing trends
- Experience with paid ad campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) is a plus
- Team oriented, structured, and well-organized, enthusiastic and inspiring person with a passion for a good story and the ability to independently deliver high quality results in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent project management skills and hands-on mentality
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, German is a nice to have
Why kurzgesagt (#bepartofit)
- be part of an exciting growth phase at one of Germany’s largest YouTube channel
- Versatile, exciting tasks and projects and the chance to contribute your own ideas
- Environment with a good error culture, flat hierarchies and fast decision-making processes
- A creative and enthusiastic team that supports you in your personal and professional development
- An informal and friendly working atmosphere including company parties and other team activities – at kurzgesagt it’s the people who count!
- 30 days of vacation and a focus on a good work-life balance through overtime compensation
- Subsidy for gym membership and public transportation (within Germany)
- You can either work in one of our cool offices in the heart of Munich or Berlin or work remotely (with willingness to travel)
- And last but not least, you will get a personalized bird 😉
We believe that people should emphasise their similarities and not their differences. That we should grow together and only our own skills, values and intrinsic motivation should count. At Kurzgesagt, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. No one is discriminated against or favoured. Your skills and willingness to learn are the only things that count.
Please find the relevant information on data protection in the application process at https://kurzgesagt.org/privacy/.
Please send your complete application (CV, salary expectations and earliest possible start date) by e-mail with the subject "Social Media Manager" to Rosa Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Breitegger (Head of People & Organisation) at 089/9545730 - 12.