Head of Animation (m/f/d)
As a science brand, we are best known for our distinctive animated videos and our elaborate products around the kurzgesagt theme worlds. Through our globally successful YouTube channel with over 20 million subscribers, we aim to inspire people around the world about science and make knowledge accessible and exciting. We believe that well-researched facts are just as important as humor and good storytelling. Nothing in the universe is boring if you tell a good story.
Our international team currently consists of about 66 brilliant colleagues. You’re an experienced creative who’s ready to lead a department? You’re comfortable as a manager and want to help direct the creative progress of our company? If you want to help us to grow further and spark even more curiosity, then apply now as:
Location: Munich, Berlin or Remote
Here's what you will be doing
- Manage and develop a flock of 10 fluffy animators
- Set smart goals and provide creative feedback to help the team members grow
- Help with hiring new talent
- Pick conferences for your team and organize (internal) workshops
- Shape and act on the greater vision of our company and direct its creative course
- Help balance time and budgets
- Represent your department to the company and to the outside world
- Help teams work well together
- Optional: work hands-on as a creative or director on selected projects
This is what you bring to the table
- 7+ years of experience in animation, 2+ of those in a lead position
- Proactive, solution-oriented action and hands-on mentality
- Track record in managing and motivating sizable teams
- Well versed in a variety of creative software (including Adobe CC)
- Straight-forward and honest communication
- Excellent written and verbal English skills (German is a plus)
Some perks of working at kurzgesagt
- Be part of an exciting growth phase at one of the largest Science YouTube channels
- Versatile, exciting tasks and projects and the chance to contribute your own ideas
- Environment with a good error culture, flat hierarchies and fast decision-making processes
- 30 days of vacation and a focus on a good work-life balance
- Subsidy for gym membership (within Germany)
- Subsidy for public transportation (within Germany)
- Allowance for company pension scheme (within Germany)
- Attractive discounts with many cooperation partners
- A creative and enthusiastic team that supports you in your personal and professional development
- An informal and friendly working atmosphere including company parties and other duck activities – at kurzgesagt it’s the people who count!
- You can either work in one of our cozy offices in the heart of Munich or Berlin or work remotely (with willingness to travel)
- And last but not least, you will get a personalized avatar and bird 😉
We believe that people should emphasise their similarities and not their differences. That we should grow together and only our own skills, values and intrinsic motivation should count. At Kurzgesagt, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. No one is discriminated against or favoured. Your skills and willingness to learn are the only things that count.
Please find the relevant information on data protection in the application process at https://kurzgesagt.org/privacy/.
Then don't wait any longer! Apply now to become part of a great team and start an exciting career. Please send your complete application (CV, portfolio, salary expectations and earliest possible start date) by e-mail with the subject "Head of Animation (m/f/d)" to Philip Laibacher at email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Breitegger (Head of People & Organisation) at 089/9545730 - 12.