Head of Interactive (m/f/d)
As a science brand, we are best known for our distinctive animated videos and our elaborate products around the kurzgesagt theme worlds. Through our globally successful YouTube channel with over 18 million subscribers, we aim to inspire people around the world about science and make knowledge accessible and exciting. We believe that well-researched facts are just as important as humor and good storytelling. Nothing in the universe is boring if you tell a good story.
Our international team currently consists of about 55 brilliant colleagues. If you want to help us to grow further and spark even more curiosity, then apply now as:
Here's what you will be doing
We are looking for an experienced leader, who will help us establish kurzgesagt Interactive as THE science brand and pioneer of intellectual play and interactive exploration. Our aim is to produce meaningful products that range from small to whatever is clever, and that let our fans’ hearts beat faster.
- Strategic launch and expansion of the digital product portfolio with a main focus on the development of mobile applications around the kurzgesagt topics
- Create business cases for mobile apps, including market and target group analysis
- Own the entire range of management and coordination of projects across all relevant phases (ideation, planning, prototype, pre-production, release etc.) to ensure a smooth and successful go-live
- Define and implement efficient and scalable production processes and set ambitious KPIs and a monitoring framework
- Balance time, budget and resource planning effectively
- Lead the selection process of external service providers (e.g. design studios, freelancer) and ensure they are working effectively and efficiently
- Help cross functional teams work well together, identify dependencies, and resolve blockers ahead of time
- Direct management responsibility for a (currently) small Interactive team, setting goals and providing feedback to help the team’s career progression
This is what you bring to the table
Our ideal candidate has experience in operating on high strategic levels, understands the infrastructure and processes of game development, is well experienced in hiring outsourcing partners. Additionally, you are an empathic leader and manage to lead teams through the process of ideation to project launch successfully.
- 8+ years end-to-end experience building and launching mobile applications
- Well versed in mobile development and the inner-workings of all components of mobile apps
- Deep understanding of the mobile App Market, audiences and target groups from a business perspective
- Strong expertise in production processes and development project management (including generating and maintaining project schedules)
- Track record in managing interdisciplinary teams and external service providers (e.g. engineers, designers etc.)
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to oversee many projects simultaneously and make fast decisions
- Entrepreneurial thinking and good knowledge in the relevant analytics
- Proactive, solution-oriented action and hands-on mentality
- High degree of personal responsibility, assertiveness and negotiating security
- Availability for occasional travel to Munich
- Knowledge of agile methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Design Thinking) is an advantage
- While not mandatory, we’d love for you to be based in a similar time zone to us (CET)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and German)
Some perks of working at kurzgesagt
- Be part of an exciting growth phase at one of the largest Science YouTube channels
- Versatile, exciting tasks and projects and the chance to contribute your own ideas
- Environment with a good error culture, flat hierarchies and fast decision-making processes
- 30 days of vacation and a focus on a good work-life balance
- Subsidy for gym membership (within Germany)
- Subsidy for public transportation (within Germany)
- Allowance for company pension scheme
- Attractive discounts with many cooperation partners
- A creative and enthusiastic team that supports you in your personal and professional development
- An informal and friendly working atmosphere including company parties and other team activities – at kurzgesagt it’s the people who count!
- You can either work in one of our cool offices in the heart of Munich or Berlin or work remotely (with willingness to travel)
- And last but not least, you will get a personalized avatar and bird 😉
We believe that people should emphasise their similarities and not their differences. That we should grow together and only our own skills, values and intrinsic motivation should count. At Kurzgesagt, it doesn’t matter who you are or where you come from. No one is discriminated against or favoured. Your skills and willingness to learn are the only things that count.
Please find the relevant information on data protection in the application process at https://kurzgesagt.org/privacy/.
Then don't wait any longer! Apply now to become part of a great team and start an exciting career. Please send your complete application (CV, salary expectations and earliest possible start date) by e-mail with the subject "Head of Interactive (m/f/d)" to Barbara Breitegger at email@example.com. We can't wait to hear from you! If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Breitegger (Head of People & Organisation) at 089/9545730 - 12.